Liberal Democrat

Liberal Democrat
Individual Freedom For Everyone

Monday, December 1, 2014

Interviews: Video: The Late Show With David Letterman: Jon Stewart on Things November 13th, 2014

This post was originally posted at The New Democrat on Blogger

As far as kids, glad I don't have any! And so far I've done a hell of a job up achieving one of my goals in life which was not to have kids. I'm not even crazy about being an uncle, as my two nieces and nephew may tell you. Not saying that having kids is not important and that kids don't have a place in the world. Last time I checked, people don't start off as adults in life. I'm a perfect example of that and some may say I haven't finished childhood yet. I'll say one thing nice about kids. I'm glad my parents decided to have them and more importantly at least to me, I'm glad they had me.

As far as Halloween, I'm glad that's over for me. I mean it was useful to me as a kid, because it meant about a week or a few days of free candy. Depending on how successful I was at tricker treating and not scaring the hell out of people who may give me candy. Like dressing up as Charlie Manson, Ted Bundy, Saddam Hussein. But one thing I discovered as an adult with a job, that if I want candy, I don't have to ask my parents. I can just go buy it, like I did on Friday and besides candy is not that important to me anyway. A couple of things you learn as an adult.

As far as freedom in Egypt and the Middle East, or Arabia. This may sound harsh, but are they ready for freedom, I mean what would happen if all the sudden they had it, would they know what to do with it? I think freedom to people in that part of the world they where they grew up and living as adults in such an authoritarian statist environment, where you are told what to do by your own damn government all the time, you come to expect that. It is a reason why these countries are called police states. Because it essentially like living in prison where you don't have to make decisions for yourself.

I think learning to live freely for people who've only known an authoritarian system, would be like trying to learn how to drive without an instructor right after you learn how to, well drive for lack of a better word big wheels. I think their would be a real learning curve there. And if you free the people there, then you are also freeing authoritarian radicals who want to tear down the current police state to establish their own. Not saying that freedom couldn't work in a large like Egypt to use as an example, but there would have to be smart people there who have to know how to establish it. And an overwhelming majority of the country that actually wants it.


No comments: