Liberal Democrat

Liberal Democrat
Individual Freedom For Everyone

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Young Turks: Cenk Uygur: 'DEA Head's Absurd Marijuana Testimony'


Source:The Young Turks- U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency Director Michelle Leonhart, was apparently high herself when she was at this U.S. House committee hearing.

"Michele Leonhart, the head of the Drug Enforcement Administration, ducked a tough line of questioning from Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) on Wednesday, refusing to answer a number of questions about the comparative health impacts of marijuana and other, harder drugs.

Leonard was testifying before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. Polis, a top congressional advocate for marijuana law reform, took the opportunity to grill the DEA administrator on some specifics about marijuana, which has been decriminalized in some parts of his state and legalized for medical purposes in the rest...".* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down." 


I think you are mote likely to see the Cleveland Indians win the World Series, the Detroit Lions to play in a Super Bowl, for Miami, Florida to get two weeks straight of snow in August, then you are to see or hear me agree with Cenk Uygur on anything. If he told me it was hot and sunny in Phoenix today, I check the weather report in Phoenix, Arizona, before I took his word on that. So whatever you do when you see a blue moon, the sun come out in Seattle, or an ocean that's just run out of water, because Cenk is damn right about this. 

I think Cenk's best point here is that when he said: "I don't know why Barack Obama does anything" Just for the record: I'm not a mindreader either, but I think I know why President Obama is a pro-drug warrior. He's a politician who still believes he needs the pro-War On Drugs vote (as small as it might be today) to get reelected President of the United States. You take a risk anytime you elect a career politician to do anything and one of those risks is that he'll believe his political career is more important than the right policy. But again, I'm not a mindreader either.

No comments: